- Means of increasing the capacity of Participation Develop and maintain a community profile database for each Member Association.
- Identify, recruit and support Indigenous Community Champions;
- Increasing the number of Indigenous participants in all disciplines of the game;
- Building and Strengthening Partnerships to establish and enhance relationships with the Indigenous organizations in each Member Associations and to develop a communication strategy between them;
- Emphasize Education by developing tools and resources for Member Associations, increasing awareness and education of the vision and mission of the IDC, increasing educational opportunities regarding the heritage of the game in each Member Association, and incorporating the acknowledgement of Traditional Indigenous territories.
For more information on the Indigenous Development Committee, please contact Findley Wilson.
'Honour Our Game' Promotional Campaign
- The slogan “Honour Our Game”, which promotes respect, reverence, and veneration to the game of lacrosse.
- The Canadian Lacrosse Association logo, which honours modern-day lacrosse and the CLA's continued governance across Canada.
- The eagle feathers, which acknowledges lacrosse’s Indigenous roots. Moreover, the feathers signify strength, power, and respect, all of which are crucial elements to the game of lacrosse.
- The double-ringed circle, which elicits the principles of community, fraternity, and equality, as well the conglomeration of past, present, and future by encapsulating lacrosse's Indigenous roots, along with the CLA and the IDC's vision of the future of our sport.